Product Liability Insurance Policy in Malawi | Britam - Malawi - Corporate - Malawi
Product Liability Banner
Product Liability Content
Product liability covers is a policy that covers claims by third parties alleging that a product you made or sold is defective, and caused them to sustain bodily injury or property damage or death.
Why you need? – Benefits
If your business designs, manufactures or supplies a physical product that you sell or give away for free. This is because you could be liable for any property damage or physical injuries caused by a faulty product.
Who needs it?
If your business designs, manufactures, distributes, supplies, retails, and or others who make products available to the public are held responsible for the injuries those products cause.
What it covers
Product liability insurance protects against claims of personal injury or property damage caused by products sold or supplied through your business.
It is designed to help protect your business by ensuring that if this happens, you don't have to pay any legal or court costs.
- Design Defect and Manufacturing defects.
- Defective Warnings or Instructions/Marketing defect: Incorrect labelling, incorrect safety warnings (or lack thereof) or insufficient instructions are common marketing defects.
- Damage caused by software that you supply.
- Injury caused by equipment that you supply.
- Illness caused by food, beverages or vitamins that you supply.
- Claimants’ costs and Legal defense fees.