Buy Home Insurance in Malawi | Britam - Malawi
Home Insurance Banner
Home Insurance Page Content
Protect the things that matter to you.
Home insurance covers your house and belongings against life's unexpected events. It covers you against theft, damage by extreme weather, fire, and other losses. Generally, home insurance is categorised by two types of cover — buildings and contents. These can be combined or bought separately for total peace of mind, so the first step is deciding which option is better for you.
- Section A: Building
- Section B: Contents
- Section C: All Risks
- Section D: WIBA
- Section E: Employers Liability
- Section F: Owner's Liability
- Section G: Occupiers Liability
It covers residential buildings including landlords fixtures, fittings, perimeter wall, gate and fences, all on the same premises against fire, natural causes e.g. earthquake, storm and lightning, human causes e.g. riot, strike and malicious damage, explosion e.g. explosion of domestic gas cylinders etc, miscellaneous causes e.g. bursting and overflowing of water tanks, apparatus, pipes and impact by road vehicles and animals.
This section covers the home owners contents including furniture, household goods and personal effects of every description, the property of the insured or that of any member of his family normally, residing with him, fixtures and fittings of the insured’s or for which he is legally responsible. The property is covered against fire, theft following forcible entry or exit, natural causes e.g. earthquake, storm and lightning etc., human causes e.g. riot, strike and malicious damage, explosion e.g. explosion of domestic gas cylinders etc, miscellaneous causes e.g. bursting and overflowing of water tanks, apparatus, pipes and impact by road vehicles and animals.
This covers accidental damage and theft to specified portable items which are carried outside the house such as jewellery, electronic items like mobile phones, laptops, tablets and cameras. etc
This covers domestic servants such as house helps, watchmen, gardeners and drivers in respect of injury, death or disease arising out of and in the course of employment. The cover is mandatory for all employers as per the Work Injury Benefit Act (WIBA).
This policy will indemnify the insured against any such liability incurred thereby under the Employer’s Liability Common Law Tort, which indemnity shall be limited to settlement of such awards except exemplary and punitive damages as my be awarded in judgments passed by competent courts in Kenya against the insured for such liability. Limit Kshs. 500,000/-
This section covers the home owner against legal liability of third parties for accidental bodily injury and accidental loss of or damage to property.
This section covers the home occupier against legal liability of third parties for accidental bodily injury and accidental loss of or damage to property.
Home Insurance Content _2
Why choose Britam Home Shield Insurance
If you take Britam Homeshield you will enjoy a bigger, exciting and more relevant range of benefits at an affordable price; value for money. See below;
- Cash back house painting Loyalty bonus if you insure with us for 3 years, claim free
- Discount of 7.5% if you pay 3 year premiums in advance.
- Cash value for loss of rent while your building is under refurbishment*.
- Alternative accommodation in the event that your house is uninhabitable following a peril.
- Free medical expenses for guests and domestic employees following a peril or attack by domestic animals up to stated limit.
- Reimbursement of costs incurred in extinguishing a fire including cost of fire engines and municipal charges*
- Compensation for loss or damage to goods contained in a refrigerator caused by a breakdown or explosion of refrigerate action unit or failure of the supply of electricity.
- Consolation handbags benefits following a mugging or smash and grab incident.
- Death benefit of Kesh 100,000 following a peril
- Personal Accident Cover for family
- Trauma treatment and spa experience following a burglary or fire incident
- Golfers equipment, hole in one, Caddy’s Medial and Third Party Liability